- To take part in live classes, students must be at least 18 years old. Children under 18 cannot take LearnEnglish Select Premium classes under any circumstances.
- The maximum number of participants per class is 10 (ten).
- The sessions are conducted in English only.
- Each class is 1 (one) ‘academic hour’, or 50 (fifty) minutes long, with 10 minute break between consecutive classes.
- Classes will be taught in the days and times communicated via email by the Student Adviser.
- Any cancellation incurred by the British Council will be communicated via e-mail and over the phone. The lesson planned for that date will be taught the following class.
- Each student is entitled to take all of the 24 lessons included in their 6-months course, irrespective of the schedule.
- Students are not allowed to do the same lesson twice.
- The British Council will keep the informed schedules until all 24 lessons are completed for each course (3 lessons per module, with a total of 8 modules).
Participation in Online Classes
- The trainers at any time may request to or mute the microphone or camera for any of the participants when in session, to avoid interference or disruption.
- The trainer may at any time during a session to instruct the students to work in groups or pairs in ‘break out’ rooms.
- British Council retains the right to record any of the live session for quality control and training purposes. Any data collected will be used in accordance with the British Council Information Security and Privacy policies.
- Classes will be delivered via the Zoom conferencing platform
- It is the responsibility of the student to download https://zoom.us/download install and configure the platform on a device of their choice, which complies with the following minimum technical requirements:
- operating systems Mac OS X with MacOS 10.6.8 /(Snow Leopard) or later, Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1, Windows 7, an internet connection
- broadband wired or wireless (minimum 3G or 4G/LTE for mobile devices)
- speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth microphone, a webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB.
- Please note that for best experience a fast Wi-Fi or a wired connection is recommended.
British Council is not responsible for technical problems which results in poor quality audio or video signal due to slow or faulty internet connection or equipment at the student’s location.
British Council is not responsible for providing any hardware, software or internet access. The student will need to ensure the equipment is configured and tested at the Zoom testing page.
Payment and access to the learning platform
- The British Council only takes online payments made through the Online Store with a Visa or MasterCard credit card
- Once the payment has been received and processed by British Council, the student will receive an e-mail with the link to the online learning platform and their user details. User creating will be processed in the following 2 working days after payment is completed.
- For any transaction which appears as ‘Pending’ approval on British Council systems, the student will need to contact the bank to ensure that the credit card issuing bank has authorised and approved the transaction.
- The access details to the online platform and all the material for online classes is intended for personal use by the student and is subject to copyright and cannot be shared, altered or distributed in any format or via any channel. British Council retains the right to make alterations to the material without any prior notice.
- Once a level is completed, a copy of the Certificate of completion will be sent to students. This certifies completion of the minimum requirements for the course and does not include the CEFR levels.