About the Show
In her trademark political and playful style, Lola Arias brings together British and Argentinian veterans of the Falkland Islands/Islas Malvinas war to share their first-hand experience of the conflict and life since. Digging deep into the personal impact of war, MINEFIELD is a collaboratively created new work that merges theatre and film to explore the minefield of memory, where truth and fiction collide.
MINEFIELD was performed as part of The Public Theater's Under the Radar Festival at NYU Skirball (11-13 Jan 2019), as well as at the Quick Center for the Arts (26 Jan 2019) and the McGuire Theater (31 Jan - 2 Feb 2019).
Reviews and Feature Articles
- The New York Times: Trump, trauma and a war that won't go away
- AM New York: Must-see shows at the Public Theater's Under the Radar Festival
- Hyperallergic: Veterans of both sides of the Falkland War put together a play
- The Guardian: MINEFIELD: two sides of the Falklands war - on one stage
- The Stage: MINEFIELD director and writer Lola Arias: 'My shows are living creatures that evolve'
- Metro: MINEFIELD, Royal Court, review: Grim tales of war become a creative feast thanks to imaginative staging