I’m delighted to support the Alumni Awards as a Global Ambassador. Studying in the UK was an experience that changed my life and contributed to my success today. It is an honor to be supporting today’s recent outstanding UK university alumni by sharing their success stories and positive impact on the world. - Jimmy Choo, OBE (Global Ambassador of the Alumni Awards)
The Alumni Awards celebrate the achievements of international alumni who studied at UK universities within the last ten years.
These awards honor the outstanding achievements made by business professionals, entrepreneurs and community leaders who can demonstrate how their UK education has impacted their subsequent success. Read more UK alumni stories on the Study UK: Discover You website.
The Alumni Award 2017 Honorees and Finalists
Professional Achievement Award
The Professional Achievement Award recognizes UK alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry.
- Honoree: Oliver Jeffers, Artist and Illustrator (Ulster University)
- Steven Barrett - Director, MIT Laboratory for Aviation and the Environment (University of Cambridge)
- Amy Firth - Assistant Professor of Medicine, University of Southern California (University of Bath)
The Entrepreneurial Award recognizes UK alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative new business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth.
- Honoree: Terence Yeo, Founder, Investor and CEO of Fusion Optix (University of Cambridge and Loughborough University)
- Catherine Cuello-Fuente - Founder of GreenHopping (Coventry University)
- Rahul Vohra - Founder and CEO of Superhuman (University of Cambridge)
Social Impact Award
The Social Impact Award recognizes UK alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
- Honoree: Vicki Phillips, Education Strategist and Strategic Advisor (University of Lincoln)
- Sasha Ghosh-Siminoff - President of People Demand Change LLP (University of Exeter)
- Sarah Elizabeth Ippel - Founder and Executive Director of the Academy for Global Citizenship (University of Cambridge)
- Reilly Wilson - Chairman of the Board and Co-Founder, play:groundNYC (University of Leeds)