Celebrating the achievements of alumni in the USA
When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime. The Alumni Awards pay tribute to the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions have had in their chosen field, and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
There are three award categories: Professional Achievement, Entrepreneurial and Social Impact.
- The Professional Achievement Award recognises alumni whose work has created change in their chosen profession.
- The Entrepreneurial Award recognizes alumni who have developed innovative solutions to problems within their industry.
- The Social Impact Award recognizes alumni whose work has positively changed their society or community.
UK Alumni Awards 2018
The 2018 UK Alumni Awards ceremony took place on March 26, 2018, at the Ambassador's Residence at the British Embassy in Washington, D.C. The event included remarks from Michael Tatham (Deputy Head of Mission to the USA, British Embassy), Leigh Gibson (Country Director, British Council USA; Cultural Counsellor, British Embassy), Terence Yeo (2017 Entrepreneurial Award honoree), Richard Burgess (2016 Professional Achievement honoree), and Dr. Vicki Phillips (2017 Social Impact Award honoree).
Congratulations to our three 2018 Alumni Award honorees:
- Professional Achievement Award: Srilakshmi Raj, University of Cambridge and University of Oxford
- Entrepreneurial Award: Alireza Tahmasebzadeh, Imperial College London
- Social Impact Award: Dr. Jonas Nguh, University of Dundee