GENERATE is a British Council and Arts Council of England partnership enabling a new network of international collaboration between UK and US producers.
The programme provides opportunities for US and UK theatre, dance, live and performance art producers, presenters, and curators to develop a transatlantic network for collaborative work and long-term relationships.
Up to six US and six UK attendees will have access to a series of unique networking and collaborative opportunities. The twelve successful applicants will:
- Meet with your network twice over a twelve-month period: during the Fierce! Festival in Birmingham, England, and at the Fusebox Festival in Austin, Texas.
- Be eligible to apply for an additional travel grant to attend a festival of your choice in the UK or US.
- Have access to the festivals’ curatorial teams for networking/mentorship.
- Increase your international engagement by building relationships with other producers, presenters, and curators in the UK and US.
- Receive economy flights, accommodations, festival fees, and a small stipend to offset additional costs.
We value equality, diversity, inclusion and access for all people. Priority will be given to individuals who would not otherwise have access to resources to support their international development.
What are the requirements?
We are looking for individuals who:
- Are open to collaborative and mutually beneficial international work.
- Want to build meaningful peer relationships across the performing arts sector.
- Respond to challenges with a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
Upon successful completion of the program you may be eligible to reapply for a second year of experience.