Partner with Us
Our partners work with us to co-create, fund and deliver a huge range of programs that make the world a better place.
We work with partners to empower people with skills and opportunities so they can improve their own communities.
We can work with you organization to design and run initiatives to help local people make a real, lasting difference in communities around the world.
WHAT WE CAN DO
EMPOWER INDIVIDUALS TO GET INVOLVED WITH VOLUNTEERING AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT
Active Citizens is a social leadership training program that promotes intercultural dialogue and community-led social development. Through the program, we bring together people with different beliefs and perspectives to learn from and share with each other. Working with our partners around the globe, we train participants in the skills and knowledge needed to affect social change in their communities.
Since 2009, we have:
- Delivered Active Citizens in 46 countries worldwide
- Partnered with over 525 organizations
- Launched 6,232 social action projects (SAP)
- Trained 155,000 Active Citizens
In the USA, Active Citizens works with the Western Shoshone Native American tribes in Nevada to help preserve their native language through social action projects within the community. Learn more about how we are developing strong local communities through this program.
UTILIZE SPORT TO TEACH ENGLISH
The program currently operates in 19 countries across Asia, Africa and the Americas from Afghanistan to Zambia. To date, 7,600 Premier Skills coaches and referees have reached more than 1.2 million children and young people.
An exhibition of photographs and videos celebrating ten years of Premier Skills will be on display at the British Council headquarters in London. Explore the virtual exhibition here, and learn more about the lives that have been changed through the Premier Skills program.
SUPPORTING POSITIVE SOCIAL CHANGE IN THE HORN OF AFRICA
Through the Horn of Africa Leadership and Learning for Action (HOLLA) project, we support young people to become engaged in national and local development in three pilot countries: Ethiopia, Sudan and South Sudan.
We work with youth and community members to develop their skills and knowledge in leadership and community cohesion. Youth are encouraged to use creative ways of engaging their communities through social action and campaigns. The programme is implemented by national partner organisations in each country, and is worth a total of €1 million.
- Over 30 youth leaders have been identified, trained in collaborative leadership, and will be instrumental in leading and implementing all aspects of the project.
- Three national-level youth coalitions will be established to deliver a program of youth-led initiatives in the areas of sports, arts and culture. A regional youth coalition will be formed to provide a platform for the voice of young people across the Horn of Africa and positively contribute to the region’s future.
- Up to 716 young people will be trained to become role models in their communities and contribute to community cohesion and development.
- At least 20 youth-focused social action projects and ten local awareness raising activities will be delivered by community facilitators, contribute to the local promotion of community cohesion and development, and showcase positive youth participation.
- We empower young women to play a significant role in the development of networks and institutions for community cohesion. Forty per cent of the targeted beneficiaries across all areas of project implementation are women and girls.