In conjunction with the Active Citizens open call for proposals, the British Council will be hosting a webinar to answer questions related to the project and proposal process.
The British Council USA is pleased to launch a call for proposals for DC and Baltimore-based community organizations to take part in the 2018-19 cycle of Active Citizens for Young Community Leaders. Three Washington, DC, and Baltimore, MD organizations will be chosen to partner with the British Council over the next year with grants of up to $10,000.
Active Citizens seeks Delivery Partners to project manage and steer the Active Citizens program in their city community. Delivery Partners have experience working with a wide cross-section of young adults on community-led social action and have experience designing and facilitating programs that bring about sustainable social impact within a community. They have strong local, regional and/or national partnerships and networks.
The role of the Delivery Partner includes:
- Deciding how the organization is going to deliver the program, working with stakeholders, partners and networks in their community to design and deliver the Active Citizens program;
- Identifying two facilitators to deliver the Active Citizens Learning Journey;
- Recruiting 30+ participants (ages 18-35) and running Community Workshops where the facilitators deliver the Learning Journey;
- Supporting the participants to develop their own local social action projects;
- Managing the grant, monitoring and reporting on progress, and submitting an end of cycle narrative and financial report to the British Council on program completion.
It is important that partners recognize that the vast majority of the Active Citizens program happens at the local or national level rather than at the international level. The Active Citizens Learning Journey involved exploring cultural diversity and its impact in the context of local or national communities in participating countries, with the opportunity to connect globally through sharing learning and ideas through the Active Citizens website and social media.
About Active Citizens
Active Citizens is a social leadership training program that promotes intercultural dialogue and community-led social development. Involvement in the Active Citizens program offers a range of opportunities to partners, facilitators, participants and wider communities to develop skills and knowledge to work with people from different cultural backgrounds. It also enables people to improve their understanding of local and global connections and the cultural, social, economic, and political factors that shape their community.
The second iteration of our Active Citizens program provides leadership training for young adults in the Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD region. The program cycle will run from the start of July 2018 to the end of March 2019.